Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul
FLAWES interview – 17/10/17

As the end of 2017 approaches lead vocalist JC reflects “I think when we look back the year has gone very fast, there are lots of events that have happened and a lot of goals that we have achieved”.

It’s fair to say 2017 has been a breakout year for Huddersfield 3-piece FLAWES. The year started with a headline slot at the famous “KOKO” venue in London, followed by an impressive festival season including Radio 1’s Big Weekend playing alongside the likes of recent indie breakthrough Declan Mckenna and only a stone’s throw from the likes of pop world stardom like Katy Perry. A short U.K tour was followed by an impressive support slot for North East rockers Maximo Park on their 5 venue German tour, playing the likes of “Huxleys” in Berlin and “Werk” in Munich.

Drawing the year to a close FLAWES have just finished their gruelling Coffeehouse tour, travelling around Universities – often 2-3 a day. This showcases their most current material including Radio 1 playlisted single “Don’t Wait for Me” and newest track “Blank Dice”. After a polished performance at Liverpool Guild of Students we sat down with the band to discuss the year, burritos and what next year holds for the Yorkshire lads.

Listen to the interview here: https://www.mixcloud.com/LSRadio/flawes-coffee-house-session-171017/

The Coffee House Sessions take place every Tuesday at 2pm in The Courtyard, don’t miss it!

Alex Macey

More Interviews

Sylvan Esso Interview – 10/11/17
Shazia Mirza Interview – 2/11/17
The Rah’s Interview – 4/10/17
Kris Evans Interview – 27/10/17
JoAnna Lee Coffee House Session Interview – 31/10/17