On Air Now
On Air Now
Amy Lawton- Coffee House Sessions 12/10/18

After watching Amy Lawton perform her last session of the Coffee House Sessions tour, it was clear to see that she was a natural performer. Catchy lyrics and memorable songs, Amy Lawton showed great talent in what she does.

Talking about her Coffee House Sessions tour, Lawton liked working in the industry at a young age as it is so much easier to listen to music on platforms such as Spotify and YouTube but could be harder financially as everything seems to be online nowadays. What Lawton loves most about performing is the reaction of the audience with some of her songs like ‘Don’t bring Louise’ a song particularly about a girl she does not like. Some of her other known songs like ‘Hurts Like Paradise’ was another personal inspiration in her life, after a young heartbreak, on what she describes as “what paradise felt like to me at the time” even though she wrote it many years ago and luckily supported by BBC Radio 2,CelebMix and The Times. Lawton gets many opportunities to let her creative music flow in the studio working alongside songwriter Matty Benbrook, who has also worked with artists such as Jake Bugg, The Wandering Hearts and Paolo Nutini, who gives her the freedom to sing and write freely in the studio. She likes to think her songs are like stories that she tells, so that is what she enjoys most about the reaction from her audience.

Country pop is the type of vibe Lawton gives through her music, and gives a simple, but effortless performance for her gigs, and is one to watch. Although Amy Lawton currently has no gigs lined up after her Coffee House Sessions Tour, she is putting out more of her music in the next upcoming weeks and to stay connected and updated with Amy.

You can find her on…

Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @amylawtonmusic.

By Shannon Edwards

Shannon Edwards
Lsradio Interviews

More Interviews

Matt Carstens- Coffee House Sessions 19/10/18
The Husky Loops – 26/10/2018
Whenyoung Interview – 27/09/18
Peace – Soundcity Interview – 06/05/2018