LSRadio Introducing #2 – KOF

Hello, and welcome to the second instalment of LS Introducing! For those who don’t know what that means, LS Radio has launched a new section where we bring you the best in up and coming local talent, straight from our home and base, Liverpool!

This week we move over to the Urban side of things, to bring you the sweet sounds of rapper/singer KOF. Having already received consistent airplay on BBC 1Xtra, BBC Radio 1 and the Capital Network, the Merseyside artist has also earnt accolades from the likes of radio DJs Trevor Nelson, Mistajam, and DJ Target. Collaborations wise, the list is already admirable. Not only has KOF teamed up with other local artists such as Chelcee Grimes and Esco Williams, he has also featured on tracks with up and coming Birmingham MC Lady Leshurr and well known artists Wretch 32 and Wiley.

With 3 previous EP releases, this September saw the delivery of the Looking At Me EP. The first single from his forthcoming debut album, Looking At Me has had great success and was added to multiple Radio and TV playlists including BBC 1Xtra and MTV. On December 11th 2011, the second album single Be Like You will be released. Smooth vocals run over a mellow drum and bass track, with lyrics that stand for the purity of music and its purpose in the world. The track showcases KOF’s impressive songwriting, vocals and production skills, and is set to continue his elevation on the path to re-inject Soul back into the UK scene.

As you can see KOF has already achieved a great amount, and hopefully 2012 will be the year he gets the recognition he deserves.

Be Like You is released on 11.12.11 via Nothin’ But The Music

by Georgina Upton