Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul

Summer Festival Review- Dimensions

Dimensions Festival// Croatia

After the huge success of Outlook Festival, organisers decided to create a new brainchild for 2012 and Fort Punta Christo readied itself for another weekend of beach bumming by day and body bumping by night as the first ever Dimensions Festival took place just a weekend after. Surrounded by fresh faces or the weary ones of those brave enough to stick it out under rain and shine over both festivals, Dimensionsis an entirely different experience. With only a small 5000 capacity the atmosphere is friendly and calmer than its older sibling, festival goers would congregate at the beach party, unless tempted by one of the daily boat parties, and wait for the sun to go down before heading to the fort.

The fort itself is something that makes the festival. With 6 stages around the ruins the unique setting provides an element of exploration as you venture into each new location. The Ballroom was among the most impressive, as you had to delve through tunnels to reach a circular pit surrounded by the old walls of the fort. However the best moment of the festival came from the stage Outside the Fort, as Theo Parrish and Moodymannfinished the festival with a 5 hour set from 1am. Both artists had everyone dancing until the sun came up with Parrish’smix of genres and Moodymann’sramblings to the audience.

The first ever Dimensions Festival was a huge success and long may it continue, however organisers may want to think twice before increasing the capacity in order to avoid it losing its charm.

/ by Tilly Sharp