Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul

Scene & Heard// Threshold Festival

image

This weekend one of the most exciting cultural events on the Liverpool calendar comes around: Threshold Festival, a grassroots local arts festival held in some of Liverpool’s most exciting venues.

Though it’s largely unknown to many of the city’s students, once experienced it’s hard not to fall under its charms. It takes place in the area surrounding some of the most exciting creative spaces in the city, the Baltic Triangle, showcasing artists and bands in venues such as Camp and Furnace, Elevator Studios and Haus.

A Shining example of the wealth of talent n offer comes int he form of ‘A Culture Less Ordinary’s’ curation of the blade factory, showcasing some of the most fantastically eclectic music from across the festival in the from the likes of Paddy Steer’s 3 Pronged Audio Bath, King Twit and Alabaste Deplume’s Copernicus Trio. If your not intrigued by the names alone, you should probably check whether you’re dead inside. 

http://www.facebook.com/events/292609940861524/

image

The festival runs from Friday to Sunday, with the three nights split into a range of themes, the focus beginning on the arts, progressing to live music on the Saturday, with Sunday devoted to showcasing the diversity of Liverpool’s community projects. The calibre of Local talent on show is simply staggering, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a spare moment across the wealth of venues and diversity of events.

Weekend tickets are just 20 quid, entitling you to entry to all venues across the weekend or you could buy a day pass for only a tenner. So why not try something different, and really immerse yourself in the local scene the student population often misses for the draw of Concert Square and puking on your mates shoes.

For tickets and info visit:
http://thresholdfestival.co.uk/tickets/

/Jack Smith