LSRadio X Sound City- Picks of the Day

Chloe Howl//

Lyrically akin to Kate Nash and Lily Allen, Chloe Howl smashes those vocals together with some catchy as hell electro-pop riffs. Her songs tell a tale of both the struggles and the realities of being a teenager in modern day Britain, and who better to voice those than a freshly turned 18 year old full of a hefty mix of angst and energy. Looking to deliver that passion live, Chloe Howl will be playing from 7.00-7.30pm on Friday the 3rd at the Art Academy

Darkstar//
This is truly a band with a point to make at Sound City this year. Their new album ‘News From Nowhere’ dropped at the start of February and signals a change away from their harder past releases. The new dreamy nature of their music is welcome though; it features some dazzling textures and shows a new attention to lyrical detail, which make for very enjoyable pieces of multifaceted Dream-Pop. Seeing how Darkstar weave this newfound haze into their more rhythmically ambitious older work will be worth going to see them alone, but if you’re unconvinced then knowing that you’re in for a beautiful hour should tip the balance on the Saturday night. They’re playing the Garage at midnight.

Mount Kimbie//
Its hard to believe its been so long since the hugely influential ‘Crooks and Lovers’ dropped, but after almost 3 years of touring the world, building their following, Mount Kimbie have finally quenched their fans insatiable thirst for new material. Their newest offering, “Made to Stray” marks a conscious effort towards the dance floor, whilst retaining the earmarks of sonic perception that set their debut apart. If the infectious beat that grabs you (a full 2 mins before you’ve even heard the vocal) and newly honed live show are anything to go by, this will be one hell of a gig. You can catch them at The Garage, Saturday 1am to perfectly round off/kick off the insanity of the last night of the festival.

Silent Sleep//                                                                                                           The project of one Christopher McIntosh, Silent Sleep’s brand of acoustic indie pop is both rich and warm. Moreover, the colourful cast he carefully selects for each song gives the band an organic sense, almost like one happy family. Meet me on the steps of the Black-E at 12.00am on the Friday for a profound set.

Dexys (Midnight Runners) //

It is rare to find someone who has not heard the song ‘Come On Eileen’, while this may be a brilliant song, Dexys are so much more than just one song. ‘Iconic’ is a word that is thrown around willy-nilly these days, but it is most definitely suitable when talking about Dexys and their leader Kevin Rowland. Having released their first album since 1985 last year,‘One Day I’m Going to Soar’, Dexys are making another assault on the British music charts. With their unmistakable brand of Celtic influenced party pop music you would be silly to miss one of Britain’s best loved musical products at Liverpool Anglican Cathedral on Saturday the 4th at 8.45pm.