Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul

Liverpool SoundCity 2013 //Day 1 @LSRadio

The first day of Sound City this year was, as expected, a lot of fun! The sun decided to join us in Liverpool for the festival and here at LSRadio towers, things just about went to plan!

Kicking off our day was a takeover show with our friends Sam and Eliza from Riddance who brought their housey-glitchy goodness to our ears from 1.30 till 3.00 pm. If you missed this, listen again tonight from 8pm or see them for yourselves at their regular club night at Brooklyn Mixer on Seel Street.

As the day progressed our street team were out working hard (or enjoying the weather) dishing out ice pops and flyers to the unassuming and slightly overheated festivalgoers. It wasn’t long till our interviewing team were unleashed across the city to head to the various Sound City venues to catch up with our favourite artists including The 1975, Findlay and Pins (all of which are up on our Mixcloud (http://www.mixcloud.com/LSRadio/ ) now… keep your eyes peeled for more uploads throughout the day!

Yesterday at around 5pm we were lucky enough to be joined by Chris from Silent Sleep who delivered one of the most beautiful sessions we have ever witnessed here at LSRadio. Throughout the three tracks from their new album Walk Me To The Sea, our SoundCity Coverage team set aside their production duties and decided to get lost in Chris’ music for a short while… But of course, it was straight back to go-go-go as our evening shaped up with another host of exciting interviews from the likes of Spring Offensive, Drenge and many others that are available to listen to on our Mixcloud and live via www.lsradio.co.uk

As the sun set over our musical city it was time to put down the laptops and microphones and pick up the schedules and…alcoholic beverages (we thought we deserved it). Spread out across some of the city’s best venues, the artists playing this year’s SoundCity entertained the crowds with anything from the ear crunching noise of Drenge’s live set to the the effortless pop of AlunaGeorge’s packed out garage set. Special mention goes to long time LSRadio friends Spring Collective for their excellent set, as well as Pins’ spellbinding haze of reverb. Dan Smith and the rest of Bastille brought the night to a lovely end with a packed out Garage set. This morning everyone was slightly worse for wear but after a sluggish start we’re back up to speed, so expect interviews with Wave Machines, Everything Everything, Melody’s Echo Chamber and much much more. Enjoy your nights!