Miles Kane// Eric’s Bar/ 3.10.13

A Wirral-born poster boy for the emergent 60s rock ’n’ roll revival, Miles Kane strode onto the stage at Eric’s Bar, leaving little to the imagination. The hair, as if in permanent tribute to idol Paul Weller, remained square cut and neatly coiffed; while the traditional mod-suit appeared as perfectly proportioned and meticulous as the music ‘our lad’ Miles has crafted since the beginning of his solo project.

After an acoustic rendition of one such hit, the poignantly named ‘Don’t Forget Who You Are’, Kane spoke with Billy Butler about the recent success, his early life and his return to Liverpool.  He spoke of his first ever gig in the city, at Hannah’s Bar on Hardman Street, and his career’s evolution through the bands he has fronted.

Finishing off with another tender acoustic number, ‘Colour of the Trap’, there was tangible charisma from a man mid-way through a hectic touring schedule, high on the critical and commercial success he has discovered. Though Alex Turner, arctic monkeys front-man and one-time boyfriend of T4 presenter Alexa Chung, was the media darling of The Last Shadow Puppets’ brief tenure as album chart toppers, it appears Kane has now cut a groove all of his own. During the questions, Butler claimed he knew that Miles ‘had made it’ when he and ex-girlfriend Suki Waterhouse, herself a supermodel, started appearing on the gossip columns of national newspapers.  Q Magazine put it ‘…it’s time for Miles Kane’s turn in the spotlight.’ I couldn’t agree more.

Miles Kane will be playing Eric’s Bar on Mathew Street on Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th of December. 

/Ed White