Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul

Bugged Out Weekender 2014

Long before the UK festival season truly kicks off in summer, one of the stalwarts of the UK dance music scene calendar is now entering into its 20th anniversary. From the 7th til the 9th of March, The Bugged Out Weekender has teamed up with some of the forerunners on the circuit, including Liverpool’s very own Abandon Silence outfit, to put on one of the biggest lineups in the North West.

The current line-up reads like a pretty comprehensive who’s who of both respected masters and the new crop of DJs keeping the UK scene one of the most exciting in Europe. For those craving the old days there’s the like of garages legend DJ-EZ, whilst the current mainstream of Deep House and techno are represented by artists as varied as Dusky, Route 94, Waze and Odyseey and Julio Bashmore. For guys fiending for some more left-field electronic artists, Joy Orbison, Jacques Greene and George Fitzgerald make up a group worthy of it’s own festival altogether. Wrapped up by some of the most well respected selectors in the scene, including Seth Troxler, Monki and Skream, its hard to ignore the variation of acts on offer, as well as the quality present, sure to keep you dancing well into the early hours. 

I recommend Todd Terje and Justin Martin as standout bookings, but head over here and see for yourself. Bag yourself a ticket, with accommodation included, over here. Tickets to Southport come cheap as anything, so give yourself a break at Easter, and maybe give yourself a weekend off from the shipping forecast for once. 

/ Jack Smith