Tokyo Seoul
Tokyo Seoul

Maximo Park// O2 Academy Liverpool/ 10.3.14

On the back of their fifth album Too Much Information, the Newcastle five piece around frontman Paul Smith will be gallopping through the UK for a number of shows, taking over Liverpool’s O2 Academy on March 10th.

Lauded by the likes of NME as ‘a hard-fought victory’ in a struggle befalling many of the guitar bands from the early 2000s, Too Much Information convinces with a fresh, more melodic and plush take on the band’s guitar-driven trademark sound. Collecting generally high scores across publications such as The Guardian (4/5 stars), it is a worthy addition to the critically acclaimed back catalogue the band has been assembling since the release of their debut A Certain Trigger in
2005 and sophomore record Our Earthly Pleasures in 2007, both of which were certified Gold in the year of release.

Completed by 2009’s Quicken The Heart and 2012’s The National Health, their repertoire encompasses quirky guitar Indie Rock anthems like ‘Apply Some Pressure’, synthinjected standard ‘The Kids Are Sick Again’, and now the melodic soundscapes of ‘Leave This Island’.

With such versatility, it is fair to say that this band can cater for quite a variety of tastes out there whilst always staying true to their energetic yet melodic signature sound. As they will be warming up on their European tour throughout February, it is likely that the riffwielding knights of romantic Indie Rock will properly shake up any club and venue they pass, and you know you want to be there to ride away into the sunset on those catchy choruses and torrential tunes.

(Tickets)

/Malina Modlich