Metronomy// O2 Academy Liverpool/ 13.3.14

Metronomy managed to keep their head under the social water for about a decade into their career, with only large swathes of hipsters even shrugging their shoulders at the sound of the four man electronic band’s name. Yet Metronomy have moved away from instrumental electronic musical musings, and have swung instead towards vocal based magic.

image

With a hefty library of remixes under Joseph Mount’s belt, prestige is starting to fall like dandruff from heaven upon the shoulders of these Devonshire boys. Metronomys time has come, now as we enter the mid teened twenties, with a drumroll that sounds like a string of sold out shows and a music environ that the band are able to swim through. Never is a better time to see Metronomy in their prime, as they are right now, set to explode as last years’ “Love’s Letters” make its way to limelight and as their latest, unreleased album lurks alluringly in the deep mists of the future.

Metronomy hit up the Liverpool O2 Academy next month, book your tickets now! (Tickets)

/Jon Ferguson