Sound City// Who’s Who

Liverpool Sound City is taking over Liverpool on 1st-3rd of May, bringing the most exciting break through artists to our doorstep! We feel it’s only right for LSRadio to give you a break down of the artists you should be getting to know.

Royal Blood

image

Only formed in 2013, Royal Blood have enjoyed a whirlwind of success with their debut EP ‘Out of The Black’. Their first single ‘Little Monster’ is nothing short of fantastic and showcases the obvious potential behind the Brighton 2 piece. Looking forwards, future single ‘Out of The Black’ with blood pumping vocals and riffs, sounds like the marriage between The White Stripes and Queens of The Stone Age. With the band still in its relative infancy they have a few huge shows booked for the immediate future, notably an Arctic Monkeyssupport slot at Finsbury ParkSound City therefore could be the last chance to catch them on a small, intimate and sweaty stage, where you can’t help but feel their brand of music belongs.

Bad Rabbits

image

When Bad Rabbits opened for Don Broco at the Liverpool 02 in November last year, many would be forgiven for not recognising the Boston, Massachusetts 5 piece.  In the time since, they have equipped themselves with an album brimming with infectious tunes, and their own unique take on a heavy pop funk sound. Therefore it is only to be expected that their Sound City slot will be met with universal rapturous applause. The latest album ‘American Love’ is one of ‘those’ albums that boasts front to back brilliance, only to be improved by the prospect of them performing it live. Extremely hard not to be a fan of, effortlessly cool and with hooks that will drive you insane, Bad Rabbits are a band not to be missed.

Moats

image

Moats are a band that have been making quite a stir in the Liverpool music scene for some time now. Having shoehorned their way into many people’s playlists with their infamous house gigs on Pilgrim Street, locals have been excited by their catchy yet driven songs. Popularity also appears set to spread rapidly outside of the Liverpool borders, with an upcoming slot on the Austin City Limits bill, as well as a few other cross Atlantic gigs, courtesy of NME. Backed up by an impressively varied catalogue of songs, many are expecting the band to continue their rise, and with individual tracks like ‘Toothache’ and latest single ‘Snakepit’, it’s hard to see what would stop them. Expect to see energetic alternative indie, reminiscent of early Foals with a huge likeability factor.

Saint Raymond

image

Having followed Saint Raymond (Callum Reynolds) for a while, it’s no surprise that the Nottingham born singer-songwriter has found himself being held in fairly high regard of late. His latest self titled EP and single ‘Young Blood’ has been received very well and comes off the back of some fairly hefty tour support slots, most notably, with Haim. Continuing to rocket into mainstream exposure, he has also been snapped in pictures on twitter alongside the likes of Cara Delavigne and has garnered compliments from other artists such as Josh Franceshchi of You Me at Six. Increasingly gaining a name as one of the ‘nice guys’ in the music scene, this charm is sure to shine through on stage and with his catalogue of infectious songs, Saint Raymond is definitely another act to look out for.

The Neighbourhood

image

There’s a huge buzz around The Neighbourhood (The NHBD) being added to the line up at Sound City 2014. Making a big splash last year   with their debut album, ‘I Love You’, the American band has since made a lot of fans in the UK. Their songs are loaded with hooks and are designed to linger in the mind, single ‘Sweater Weather’  serves as a prime example. Their music often treads the fine line between minimalism and intricate and impressively complex rhythm sections and having joined fellow indie rockers The 1975, on tour last year and fresh from a SXSW slot as well as some headline shows back in the US, they are coming into this years Sound City hot. They have recently announced that they will also have a single featured on the new Spiderman Movie soundtrack, reaffirming them as yet another band you will not want to miss on a rare small stage setting.