Coasts @ EVAC, 26.11.14
Picture taken from artist's Facebook.

Picture taken from artist’s Facebook.

“The response to this live performance is incredible and the screams were deafening.”

‘Come on Liverpool, let’s get hot and sweaty’ cheers leading frontman, Chris and that is exactly how the night played out. Coasts took no time in getting the crowd pumped and ready to perform exactly what these Bristol lads had to offer showing what’s in store for the alternative music industry in the near future.

It didn’t take much to notice that Chris is a star frontman in the making as he impresses the crowd – specifically the female members – by owning the little space on stage like it was that of an arena. He appears to thrive on the intimacy between band and crowd and that connection will take this band places. Kicking into their third song of the set ‘Stay’, the harmonies between Chris and guitarist Liam, fit perfectly with one another suggesting how these lads were just born to perform. Moving on to ‘Come a Little Closer’ whilst encouraging the crowd to dance and move that one step closer to the stage, Chris plays the tambourine to a standard I haven’t seen since the glorious Oasis days. I’d even go as far to say it is better than Liam Gallagher’s shaker moves. The Surprise instrument of the night award however, was eventually sealed upon the appearance of a trumpet on stage. Coasts really know how to work the versatility of music successfully.

The whole band was completely energised and enthusiastic during their performance of ‘Wash Away’ marred  slightly by a tumble from the lead singer, to the ironic jeers of the crowd. A surprisingly confident choice from the band as they play their newest single and title of upcoming EP ‘Rush of Blood’ halfway through the set acknowledging and proving that the fans in the room have been there since day one. The response to this live performance is incredible and the screams were deafening.

As the band play on into the encore of their set, bringing out two tracks from their first released EP ‘Paradise’ they ask the crowd for one last dance making sure this night ends on the same amount of energy which they started with. Finishing on ‘Ocean’ verified the devotion of their fans as every single word was sang around the room and before leaving the stage, frontman Chris stated ‘We are Coast’ – as if anyone there would forget.

Words: Helen Rabbitt

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.

FLAWES interview – 17/10/17