Jamie T @ LGOS, 18.11.14
Image Credit: NME

Image Credit: NME

“The energy from crowd and band rocketed as Treays soared further into his set, mosh pits were in full swing and there was no sign of this being a sweat free night. “

The return of Jamie T (Jamie Treays)  has been heavily anticipated. More lyrically mature and musically stronger, ‘Carry on the Grudge’ has not disappointed. Treays acknowledged the presence of numerous fans from the Kings and Queens, and Panic Prevention days to the most recent and captivated ‘Carry on the Grudge’ fan base. Mountford Hall had been clearly preparing themselves throughout the support act, reserving the energy and excitement for the man himself. This was immediately clear when the crowd engaged with the opener ‘Limit Lies’ and threw themselves right into the instrumental action. Continuing the maturity of his new music, he moved into ‘Don’t You Find’ as the crowd automatically chanted every word back to him. There were reports of people singing too loudly so that Treays could not be heard but we doubt the London artist had a problem with the devotion of fans. Transitioning from polished, new material to the gritty classics; ‘Peter’ has an incredible response showing the fans have matured with Jamie T and a sign he has not lost any fans over his 5 years of being away from the spotlight.

It may have been a tour for his new album but Treays kept up the nostalgia continuing on from ‘Peter’ to the middle of his set throwing out hits such as ‘Operation’, ‘Salvador’ ‘Spider’s Web’ and ‘Emily’s Heart’. The energy from crowd and band rocketed as Treays soared further into his set, mosh pits were in full swing and there was no sign of this being a sweat free night. This artist was making sure the final night of his UK comeback tour went out with a bang. Roars from the crowd became deafening when the first chords of ‘If You’ve got the Money’ – at this point it is clear to see that Jamie T has made his way back in the music game. Wherever and whenever he plays, crowds will flock to support him.

The encore is what everybody had been waiting for and it was time for the lyrical genius to parade back onto stage, end this night with 3 of his biggest singles and give the fans exactly what they want. On the back end of a merry sing along to Sheila, came the two best performances of the night.

Treays, fully aware of the charisma and popularity to latest single Zombie,kept the crowd waiting eagerly with a drawn-out intro of the song. When the highly anticipated chorus erupted, a new level of adrenaline surged over the crowd as sing a long and mosh pits combined. The conclusion to the Carry on the Grudge tour was impossible to dislike. Adrenaline peaked even further when the nostalgic ‘Sticks n’ Stones’ brought the evening to a close. The conclusion to the Carry on the Grudge tour was impossible to dislike and there was a never dull moment throughout the night.

Words: Helen Rabbitt and Eddy Spofford

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.

FLAWES interview – 17/10/17