Whats On?! February 9th-15th

THE STAVES @ EVAC, 10.02.15

Since the release of their debut album, ‘Dead & Born & Grown’ in 2012, The Staves are fast becoming a household name on the summer festival circuit; three young sisters singing folk inflected songs, perfectly measured and effortlessly performed. At times innocent and at others knowing beyond years, their delicate arrangements call to mind the intimacies previously heard in the music of Sandy Denny. Having recently completed work on their next LP with Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) in the producer’s chair, their return to the Arts Club in Liverpool is hotly anticipated.

Tickets Here

Words: Rich Bond

THE WAVE PICTURES @ THE KAZIMIER, 11.02.15

Classic, 60s rock n’ roll makes a comeback to the Kazimier in the form of The Wave Pictures. Touring off the back of their soon-to-be-released fourteenth album Great Big Flamingo Burning Moon, they bring their characteristic Cream-meets-indie infusion straight into the modern day. Whilst fourteen albums is a lifetime’s worth of material, the rate of releases matches the musical integrity that this three-piece embody. Not one to be missed.

Tickets Here

Words: Luke Halls

ALEXANDER @ EVAC, 11.02.15

Looking to warm those winter cockles with some new alternative pop? Look no further than Alexander, a four piece heralding from the North East. Their newest single ‘Drive’ had its video released on 21st January, and if you like a bit of that hair swishing, silhouette artistry that The 1975 have going on then you’ll no doubt like a bit of Alexander. I recommend giving this boppy rock tune a listen before getting yourself down to EVAC this coming Wednesday to listen to their full repertoire. With support coming from the folksy Sally Pepper, these guys are definitely ones to watch.

Tickets here

Words: Alex Gregson

RADIOLANE EP LAUNCH @ SHIPPING FORECAST, 12.02.15

Local lads Radiolane launch their ‘Here Come’s The Rain‘ EP at The Shipping Forecast this Thursday. The combination of a hotly anticipated release with a hugely popular venue should draw in a great crowd, and they will surely be left impressed. The fervently intense proximity between band and audience will make for an explosive evening of pop rock from one of Liverpool’s most exciting up-and-coming outfits.

Tickets Here

Words: George Aird

SLAVES @ THE SHIPPING FORECAST, 13.12.15

As a rescheduling of their previous headline Liverpool gig, postponed back in November, Slaves’ gig at The Shipping Forecast this Friday will be a perfect opportunity for the Kent garage punk outfit to show they’re worth waiting for – and also for Merseyside music fans to show that we’re worth coming back to. With recent single ‘The Hunter‘ being named as Zane Lowe’s track of the week upon its release, and their name already appearing on festival posters ahead of a predictably busy summer, it’s exciting to see what will inevitably be a confident, fiery performance from the two-piece rockers.

Tickets Here

Words: Joe Muldoon

NEIGHBOURHOOD BBQ W/ MUTANT VINYL @ CAMP & FURNACE, 13.02.15

Get down to Camp & Furnace this Friday for the Neighbourhood BBQ and their circus themed extravaganza! An evening packed with burlesque and unbelievable circus acts as well as live performances from Liverpool University Big Band, The Soul Spinners, Wonderlust and not forgetting the return of Jazz Virtuoso Mutant Vinyl who will be headlining the mini festival. And if this isn’t enough to get your taste buds tingling then perhaps the tasty food slam stalls will, serving some of the best food Liverpool has to offer! Doors open at 6pm, live music begins at 8pm and the best part about all of this is…. it’s FREE ENTRY! So come along this Friday and shake of those valentine’s blues for a night filled with food, drinks, music and lots of circus fun!

FREE ENTRY

Words: Alice Pearce

DISCO GLITTER LOVE (W/ HORSE MEAT DISCO) @ CONSTELLATIONS, 13.12.15

Disco fever is on the rise in Liverpool and this February a brand new disco night will be born in the groovy Constellations venue. This Friday, Horse Meat Disco and The Revenge are asserting their power as disco masters with sets that are guaranteed to reinvent the genre for a new audience. Be prepared for the night to be filled with boogie classics, revamped current dancefloor hits and constant shifting transitions into something all the more Saturday Night Fever – despite the event taking place on a Friday.

Tickets Here

Words: Helen Rabbitt

EDITORS CHOICE: NEIGHBOURHOOD BBQ W/ MUTANT VINYL

George Aird
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by George Aird, LSRadio's Head of Music.