Eclectic Sounds
Eclectic Sounds

The Sneaky Nixons: Thick, Thin And Thinner

sneakynixons

For a band renowned for their anti-establishment regime and alternative choice of site for video uploads, The Sneaky Nixons have recently shown something of a by-the-by consistency. It all started with the release of their single ‘Baby Just Do What You Got To!’ Then they supported Moats at Maguire’s a week or so later. And now we find ourselves with another forthcoming release from the feral four-piece, ‘Thick, Thin and Thinner’, a tune which, having existed as a demo for around a year, reiterates there’s more substance to these guys than a handful of sprayed tags.

Despite adopting the well-worn template of the likes of the Monkeys and The Libertines, the Nixons embrace it with a vigour and verve which means they can pull it off. Notions of feeling hard done by and going out for pints with the potential mother-in-law fill the lyrical quota, spat in the typically rough-and-ready fashion the band have cultivated their name on. Reinstating the fact the Nixons have an ear for a melody, something we already knew, ‘Thick, Thin and Thinner’ is unlikely to turn the heads of the sceptical, but is certainly to satisfy the wishes of the converted.

The band has the following gigs;

Saturday 28th March, Jarg festival @ Sound Food and Drink
Friday 10th April @ Jacaranda
Saturday 11th April @ Pilgrim
Saturday 18th April @ Jacaranda
Sunday 19th April, Manchester
Friday 24th April @ Jacaranda
Saturday 25th  April @ London Luna Lounge
Saturday 2nd May @ The Kazimier
The E.P. date is supposed to be 22nd May

The single is to be released Monday 23rd March, though there is a demo available on Souncloud below.

Facebook

Soundcloud

YouTube

Ben Lynch
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by Ben Lynch, LSRadio's Deputy Head of Music.