The Weave: Knowledge Porridge

The Weave

‘We are everything we are, because we are loved’. Or so we are informed around the four-minute mark into The Weave’s ‘Knowledge Porridge’, the title track from their forthcoming second album. Such a sentiment, replete as it is with notions of hope and joy, finds a perfect home amid the charming conglomeration of jazz instrumentation which the band delivers. The depth of talent on show, emphasised by the likes of Martin Smith (trumpet/flugelhorn/musicbox) having recorded with acts such as The Coral and Super Furry Animals, indicates prior to listening to the track the potential which The Weave have to offer. It’s when they make it this seamless and enjoyable, however, that you begin to be impressed.

The life of the track emanates from its constant sense of movement. Each segment is well composed, offering its own flavour without resulting in any open seams, each flowing into the next without stunting or disjointing. The brass is enchanting and playful throughout, while both the piano and vibraphone offer a more nuanced, though equally captivating, aesthetic. Joyous and exuberant from start to finish, it’s a gem which deserves to be unearthed, and bodes well for the release of the record.

The Weave have the following gig lined up;

Friday 15th May @ The Capstone Theatre, Liverpool

The album Knowledge Porridge is due to be released on 6th July and is available for purchase both via their website and Bandcamp.

Facebook

Twitter

Website

Bandcamp

YouTube

You can listen to the track on the band’s Bandcamp here

Ben Lynch
This post from our Music Team was uploaded by Ben Lynch, LSRadio's Deputy Head of Music.