Abandon Silence + Chibuku present Four Tet @ The Kazimier, 20.11.15: Top Three Tracks

Two of Liverpool’s heavyweight promoters Abandon Silence and Chibuku have joined forces to bring us one of the biggest DJ’s of this clubbing season. Kieran Hebdan AKA Four Tet has been a pivotal figure for British dance music over the past 15 years. Having hopped around the entire music scene from mixing disco with Floating Points to dubstep with Skrillex I am sure nobody is going to be disappointed.

Four Tet is a DJ firmly committed to using vinyl and as a clubber you can really feel the added warmth, texture and careful mixing that this medium provides. He is also not a DJ to be pigeonholed in to a particular genre. The last time I saw Four Tet play he began with a host of rare dub records moved on to slamming Berlin Techno and even a selection of rare British grime records. To move through genres with the elegance that he does is always fun to hear and he really keeps you on your toes.

Four Tet is not only a master on the wheels of steel but a prolific and intriguing producer. I thought I would finish this very excited preview with my top 3 Four Tet tracks. If just one of these is played myself and hopefully everyone else who goes will leave very happy.

‘She Moves She’

This was the first Four Tet track I ever heard. For me Four Tet’s style of percussion is one of his most distinguishing features and this track is the epitome of that.

‘Nova’

Four Tet’s multiple collaborations with the elusive Burial have been an absolute treat every time they have been released. This one is the perfect 6am track.

‘Morning Side’

Four Tet’s latest release features this stunning 20 minute long track that if anything is too short. His genius sampling of the 1983 Bollywood film Souten is sublime

With excellent support from the likes of Andrew Hill and SG Lewis this is set to be a fantastic night in Liverpool. Four Tet are playing The Kazimier on the 20th of November. More details can be found here

Words Rory Hughes