Jazz Paraphernalia
Jazz Paraphernalia
PREVIEW: The Travelling Band @ Magnet, 14.10.16

A decade has passed since The Travelling Band’s formative 2006 recording sessions in Brooklyn. Those sessions laid the foundations of the band’s debut album Under the Pavement and set the band on the road to creating their own label, Sideways Saloon. To celebrate the landmark, TTB embark on a their first UK headline tour for two years, and will be releasing their first new music since the 2014 album The Big Defreeze.

The Close Your Eyes and Count to Ten tour sees The Travelling Band playing shows all around the UK. Far from being a nostalgic look back at the last ten years, the tour marks a line in the sand after the departure of original guitarist Steve ‘Mugger’ Mullen, with the band looking forward to the release of their fourth album next year.

2016 has already seen TTB tour all over Europe supporting US country/rock star Lissie, including sold out shows at The Forum as well as huge theatres in Germany and Norway. They have been doubling up as Lissie’s live band, playing summer festivals across the continent.

It’s also been a landmark year for Sideways Saloon, with the acclaimed release of The Valley of Yessiree, the debut album from Canadian-born, London-resident maverick A. Dyjecinski, who will be special guest on the tour.

The Travelling Band play The Magnet on Friday 14 October

Tickets: http://smarturl.it/ttb10

Photo Credit: Sonic PR

Alex Williams
Music Submissions Editor and Technical Support

More

University of Liverpool Men’s Rugby League – Angus Parkin, Captain : Interview
Catholic Action @ The Shipping Forecast (03/03/18)
Liverpool Strikes Could Continue as UCU Reject Pensions Deal
End of the F***ing World – Netflix Show Review
The Singh Twins: Slaves of Fashion at The Walker Gallery