ENRG #03 Sound Energy with Bicep, Or:la and Blehrin @ Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool (05/11/16)

On Saturday night it was the third edition of the ENRG series at the Invisible Wind Factory, and it was no surprise that the night sold out with a line-up of Bicep, Or:la and Blehrin.

The first set from Blehrin was missed by most due to queues out the door, but the North West based DJ made a good start to the night. However, I have to say I was pretty preoccupied by checking out the venue when I arrived. Towards the back of the venue they had a brightly coloured sign over the bar area, in the middle were streams of flashing light bulbs hanging down over the crowd. The DJ booth was contained within a futuristic illuminated structure set in front of coils of lights – it’s hard to describe so I would definitely recommend a visit!

The main set was from Bicep, the DJ duo from Belfast. The duo released their first EP in 2010, and since then have collaborated with various artists such as Midland. This year the duo have been busy touring various festival across the world, and have more upcoming shows across UK. Although the set wasn’t what I was expected, it certainly didn’t disappoint. The left-field house style set lasted two hours and kept the crowd captivated from start to finish. 

The last set was from the Liverpool based DJ Or:la, who you may have seen at 24 kitchen street, Waxxx or specifically at ‘Meine Nacht’ – the event she runs in Liverpool. The two-hour set from Or:la was a highlight, and finished the night off well. When the lights came up, the venue was still packed five minutes later there were queues out the door for the after party at North Shore Troubadour.

The next instalment of the ENRG series is bound to be a sell out too, so get your tickets as soon as possible if it sounds like your kind of scene.

Photo Credit: Hyponik.com

Grace Farnham

Mac Demarco @ Mountford Hall (21/11/2017)
Sylvan Esso @ EVAC (10/11/2017)
Metallica @ Manchester Arena (28/10/2017)
Emily Barker @ Leaf – 8/11/17