BEST OF THIS WEEK’S BUNCH: 13th – 19th February 2017

Seafoam Green @ LEAF 16.2.17 

This week Liverpool’s LEAF, the tasteful and chilled out bar will be the venue for country and blues singer/songwriter Seafoam Green. The Dublin-born musician will be gracing Liverpool with his mellow voice, a style which has reinvigorated his genre of Country and Blues.

This is a gig which is not to be missed by those who are in need of an evening of gig cocktails, fairy-lights and soothing musical talent. Country is a genre which is rustic and simple without compromising emotion nor talent, Seafoam Green is a man with a guitar who knows how to, ironically, ride the waves of music and emotion, combining psychedelic rock with a raw country style.

Catch Seafoam Green on Spotify and see him live this coming Thursday 16th of February at LEAF on Bold Street as part of his UK tour.

Tickets available online via Skiddle

Photo Credit: Seafoam Green Official

Words: Molly Moe

Run Rabbitt Run Presents… @ EBGBS 17.2.17 

Slowly but surely the bleak winter weather is starting to disappear and marathon season is almost upon us. Our very own LSRadio music mogul Helen Rabbitt is once again getting in on the action. But our radio runner has got her eyes set on the big one – the London Marathon. Helen is taking to the capital’s streets this Easter, all in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, a charity that has always been close to her heart after losing her dad to cancer four years ago.

But before lacing up those running shoes Helen is hosting a charity gig night on the 17th February in the Heebie Jeebies basement: EBGBS on Seel Street. With four exceptional bands on the line-up, for only £5 you can expect a great night of music, whilst helping to raise money for an incredible cause.

Kicking the night off is Venus Demilo, a band who are no strangers to the Liverpool music scene. They have made waves recently and with appearances on Dave Monk’s BBC Introducing and a strong collection of tunes they are sure to get the night off to a lively start. Carnival Club are also joining the line-up following their first headline gig at Manchester’s Ruby Lounge last week. The quartet have given classic Rock n’ Roll its own unique indie twist, and they are not to be missed.

The night continues to get bigger and better with Lungs up next, a new vibrant band who are definitely ones to watch. With only a few shows under their belt they have already proven that they’re ready to make an impact in the music scene.

Black Pulp are top of the bill, and with this being their first headline show you can be sure to expect tonnes of energy from this talented four-piece. They are slowly making their way around the Liverpool music scene and if you’ve already managed to catch them live you will know they never fail to please the crowd with their infectious indie vibes.

So there you have it, four great bands on one line up for one amazing cause. Make sure you head on down, you’re in for a treat.

Tickets available on the door ONLY

Donations to Helen’s fundraising target can be made here

Photo Credit: Run Rabbitt Run

Words: Laura Copestake 

Elevant @ EBGBS 18.2.17

Liverpool’s own underground rock trio, Elevant, are back this Saturday playing a headline set at EBGBS. Elevant are a heavy genre twisting band, well known for their skilful multi-instrumentalists and DIY ethic. Additionally, the band are also recognised as one of Loner Noise label’s star artists.

The gig is part of their seven part UK tour, spanning until late April when they will return for their show at  Liverpool’s debut underground rock based WRONG festival, ran by the band’s own Michael Edward and Loner Noise.

Support on Saturday night comes from both Coquin Migale and Gravves, who are set to tease upcoming music that will be released later this year.

Tickets are available online via Skiddle 

Photo Credit: Wojciech Zielenkiewicz

Words: Tom Curtis 

MiC LOWRY @ O2 Academy 18.2.17 

This coming Saturday, Liverpool’s very own MiC LOWRY will take to the O2 Academy stage fresh off the back of the September announcement that the five piece vocal harmony group will be supporting Justin Bieber on his Purpose World Tour; performing 38 European dates in 22 cities. It’s been an explosive past year for the group – plays on BBC Radio 1, 1Xtra and a BET award nomination for ‘Best International Newcomer’ are just a couple of astonishing achievements.

They’ve also scooped the MOBO Unsung Award and just last summer played the BBC Introducing Stage at the iconic Glastonbury festival- so certainly ones to watch. The gig on Saturday is set to be an exciting homecoming for the guys and their dedicated fans.

Tickets available online via See Tickets 

Photo Credit: IBTimes UK

Words: Olivia Jordan

Featured Photo Credit: The Upcoming // Little Comets play O2 Academy 17.2.17

Cecily Sheppard