DJ Hype @ 24 Kitchen Street (10/2/17)

24 Kitchen Street gets hyped.

Once again Kitchen Street delivered an unmissable and memorable event as Worried About Henry presented DJ Hype in a sold out show. It was a night of old school drum‘n’bass and jungle tunes with Nuusic starting things off, getting the crowd excited and setting the scene ready for Hype. Nuusic played a solid jungle set with the crowd, and myself included, loving every minute. The anticipation for Hype continued as Stature followed Nuusic (not to the original set times as Hype was fashionably late) playing old school and liquid drum‘n’bass tunes such as Calibre Even If and the atmosphere continued to build as the crowd waited for Hype to come on stage; he was worth the wait.

Hype played 90 minutes of textbook drum‘n’bass tunes, such as DJ Phantasy’s Ready or Not remix, Noisia Anomaly and DJ Guv Warning. It is easy to see why Hype is regarded as one of the best in the business, playing the whole set on vinyl and had the crowd in his hands at every drop. 24 Kitchen Street was the perfect setting for the event, an intimate venue with everyone in the crowd skanking all night, we didn’t move from the front as Nuusic, Stature, K3LT and Hype kept us transfixed for hours with bass heavy Jungle and drum‘n’bass tunes.

Not forgetting MC Flux as he kept the crowd entertained as they waited for Hype and throughout the night. This event definitely cemented 24 Kitchen Street as my favourite, and one of the best music venues in Liverpool, and with its future in question, it would be devastating for the Liverpool music scene if such a brilliant venue were to close. Nevertheless, the Worried About Henry crew definitely delivered a brilliant drum and bass event, and I will 100% be attending the next and you should too.

Featured Photo Credit: DJ Hype Official 

Sophie Carter