Dub Phizix and Strategy @ 24 Kitchen Street (17/03/17)

Once again Worried About Henry gave us an incredible sold out event; this time being Dub Phizix and Strategy. Demand was high for the night, with the crowd ready for a St Paddy’s Day skank, and it did not disappoint. Kitchen Street was packed for the support acts, the first being The Dub Family, a Manchester group who hyped up the crowd perfectly ready for Dub Phizix; playing a good mix of jungle and dub tunes. Nuusic followed, having seen Nuusic play the previous Worried About Henry night with DJ Hype once again they played bass heavy, jungle tunes to a full Kitchen Street; probably the busiest I’ve ever seen the venue.

When Dub Phizix and Strategy appeared the atmosphere was mental, the crowd loved every drop and Dub Phizix and Strategy killed it. They played a mix of grime, drum’n’bass and jungle, with tunes such as Boy Better Know, Too Many Man as well as their classics such as Marka and Buffalo Charge, in which the crowd went crazy for.

It was hectic, with mosh pits and MC Strategy brilliantly hyping up the crowd, free styling throughout the event, proving he is one of the best, as well as being part of the Broke’n’English Squad. This is the second Worried About Henry night I have attended and they keep on getting better and better. Kitchen Street is the perfect venue for the event, providing an intimate yet buzzing atmosphere and both the crowd and myself evidently enjoyed the night.

The next Worried About Henry event is in May with Khan & Neek, if it’s anything to go by from Dub Phizix and Strategy it’s set to be a sell out, bass heavy event; I cannot wait.

Featured Image Credit: Worried About Henry 

Sophie Carter