PREVIEW: FestEvol Gardens @ Invisible Wind Factory (30/4/17)

Whatever your plans are this early May Bank Holiday Sunday, cancel them immediately. Why, you ask? Well boy oh boy the amazing people over at EVOL have a right treat for us happening in Liverpool’s stunning Invisible Wind Factory. 12 whole hours of live music (honestly what more could you want?!) lasting from 3pm till 3am, FestEvol Gardens is most definitely the place to be. I would be lying if I said I haven’t been looking forward to this jaw dropping all day event since I first heard about it a few months back, and it most certainly is something you won’t want to miss out on!

Wild Beasts // Photo Credit: Skiddle

With a whopping 33 acts across 3 stages there is something for everyone at FestEvol Gardens, and especially those who enjoy local and newly emerging talent. Wild Beast, The Parrots and The Sundowners are down to take the lead as headliners across the stages and if that alone isn’t good enough for you just wait for what else this experience of incredible music has to offer.

CABBAGE // Photo Credit: Phil Greenhalgh

Playing the Caladan stage in the Invisible Wind Factory’s Grand Hall is one of my dream line ups. Before the mighty Mercury Prize-nominated Wild Beast take to the stage to finish the night off with a bang, the likes of the dreamy Black Honey (who have recently released a new single), noisy guitar girl band PINS, and also the grungy and shoegazy INHEAVEN are all playing. Along with crazy rockers, CABBAGE who are making massive waves in the new music scene and pop-punk beauties The Big Moon I wouldn’t be surprised if you found yourself glued to this stage for 12 hours straight.

Black Honey // Photo Credit: Andy Von Pip

Taking the stage over on The Genesis Cave (which is located in the depths of the Invisible Wind Factory basement) along with laid back Spanish band The Parrots, is yet another incredible array of bands. Dreampop Ulrika Spacek, heavy sounding band The Blinders and upbeat pop trio Peaness are just a few to name. With many acts on both this stage and also on the Vermilion Sands stage hailing from Liverpool and other areas amongst the North West and to add, the North East, this is a great way to embrace the talent the North has to offer.

Other standouts for me amongst the local scene include the brilliant Psycho Comedy who I saw at The Magnet before a hectic CABBAGE gig, the ever so amazing SPINN who I have had playing on repeat for the past few weeks, and incredible three piece The Orielles whose tunes are a perfect soundtrack for any day of the week.

The Orielles // Photo Credit: Neelam Khan Vela

Looking amongst the line-up this top quality festival has to offer there is not a single artist or band who will disappoint. The gang down at EVOL have clearly knocked it out of the park and managed to gather some of the best bands around in today’s upcoming music scene.

So make sure you grab a ticket whilst you still can to avoid missing out on a day you will never forget!

Tickets are available to purchase online via See Tickets  and is sure to be a sell-out…don’t hold back! 

Jess Fleming

Thundercat @ Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool (24/3/17)
Pinata Carnival: Skinner’s Lane w/ Black Pulp & Native Kings @ Buyers Club (23/3/17)