The Collections
The Collections

Last Friday the Drum & Bass legend DJ Hazard played an unmissable night at 24 Kitchen Street. The Worried About Henry crew presented their third official Liverpool Outlook festival 2017 launch party, celebrating 10 years of the festival. On the line-up was Worried About Henry’s resident DJ’s Stature and Finwa, who supported DJ Hazard and Kasra. Hazard, of Playaz records is one of D & B’s most celebrated DJ’s, playing back to back with Kasra, owner of Critical Music, the world renowned underground drum and bass record label.

The anticipation for the night was electric, having heard Hazard play in the distance at last year’s Boomtown I was excited to hear him play in the intimate Kitchen Street venue. The near sold out night brought a good crowd, many like me making the most of the last weekend before the exam season begins. Stature was on the decks when we arrived, playing heavy drum and bass such as the serum remix of Gangsta. Stature was joined by MC flux, a regular at the Worried About Henry nights and the duo were perfectly getting the crowd hyped up for Hazard and Kasra; topped off by MC Flux getting a selfie with the crowd. Kasra followed Stature, playing a bass heavy, crowd pleasing set of his classic tunes such as Overthinking and Greed. The crowd including myself loved it, we didn’t move from the front all night and this didn’t change when DJ Hazard came on just after 3am (he had been playing a bumper set in Manchester as well that night). Hazard opened with Bricks Don’t Roll, which sent the crowd crazy and of course played his infamous tune Mr Happy. Once again the Worried About Henry crew pulled off an unmissable and unforgettable night, in which Kitchen Street was the perfect venue.

Featured Image Credit: Worried About Henry Official 

Sophie Carter