On Air Now
On Air Now

Hannah Wants @ IWF (3/3/18)

It can be hard as a solo act to engage a crowd, but Hannah Wants had no problems filling the packed Invisible Wind Factory with a superb atmosphere and a brilliant performance. The crowd was met with a DJ who clearly loves what she does and that energy and passion was felt throughout the whole room, with the crowd reacting with the same enthusiasm.

Her latest tour entitled ‘Play’ has seen a series of shows throughout the UK which highlight her musical progression as a DJ. A self-proclaimed ‘child of the garage era’ these roots can clearly be heard in her set whilst also mixing in bass house and delivering a blend of new and old music. Hannah Wants also used this tour to showcase a mixture of upcoming and well-established DJ’s which all added a new dimension to the night.

With a seamless blend of classic house and garage it is easy to see why the huge space was sold out. Combined with fantastic lighting and other brilliant performances from Low Steppa, Jack Swift and Understate, this was not one to miss.

After breaking through into the mainstream in 2012 and picking up 5 awards throughout her career – including best breakthrough act and best bass DJ- last night only secured her position as one of the leading DJ’s around today.

Photo credit: https://mixing.dj/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Hannah-Wants.jpg

Laura Nellis

Sam Fender @ The Shipping Forecast 07/11/18
Bad Sounds @ O2 Academy 02/11/18
Zuzu @ Jacaranda Records 7/11/18
Husky Loops @ EBGBs 24/10/18
Tom Grennan @ O2 Academy – 20/10/18