On Air Now
On Air Now

First Sound City 2019 acts announced!

The first names for the 2019 incarnation of Liverpool’s eclectic and UK Festival Awards-nominated Sound City festival have just been unveiled, and what a lineup it is! The festival will be held from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th May 2019 across Liverpool’s iconic Baltic Triangle area, with the likes of Mabel, The Magic Gang, Loyle Carner, Louis Berry, Our Girl, Ryan McMullan and many more of the UK’s best emerging new artists performing across the weekend. Check out all the artists announced so far on the poster above.

The fun doesn’t stop with the music either, as we can also expect a ‘wider spectrum of vibrant, innovative and inspiring arts programming’ across the weekend, as Sound City continues its work with Arts Council England. More details about this will be unveiled in the coming months, along with 100s of further artist announcements, so look out for that soon!

This year’s festival was completely sold-out, and looking at the quality of this new lineup, it seems like we can expect the same success for 2019. Tickets are on sale this Friday 26th October, so get that date down in your diaries to make sure you don’t miss out on Liverpool’s biggest annual celebration of new music. See you there!

For more information on Sound City 2019, visit www.soundcity.uk.com and follow @soundcity on Twitter and @liverpoolsoundcity on instagram

Daniel Moore

PREVIEW: Skinner’s Lane @ Jacaranda Phase 1 17/11/18
Sam Fender @ The Shipping Forecast 07/11/18
Bad Sounds @ O2 Academy 02/11/18
Razorlight – Olympus Sleeping | Album review
Zuzu @ Jacaranda Records 7/11/18