On Air Now 19:00-20:00
Pass the Aux
On Air Now 19:00-20:00
Pass the Aux

Sound City 2019 news: Loads more artists added to the line-up!

Sound City have just announced a plethora of fantastic artists for the 2019 edition of Liverpool’s iconic independent festival for new music. The 12th installment of the annual celebration of emerging talent will be taking place across the Baltic Triangle from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th May 2019, with the likes of Mabel, Loyle Carner, The Magic Gang, Louis Berry, and Liverpool’s own SPINN having previously been announced.

Loads more exciting names from a range of genres have now added to the bill, including post-punks Shame, indie-pop outfit Clean Cut Kid, rising Australian pop star Stella Donnelly, and brilliant pop/soul vocalist Kara Marni (pictured right), as well as Blaenavon and Estrons, two bands who regular LSRadio listeners will likely be familiar with.

However, these names are just the tip of the musical iceberg, so check out the huge line-up in full on the official poster above. Without a doubt, this will be an unforgettable weekend of live music, given the quality and variety of artists performing across the weekend. Whatever your tastes, Sound City will have tonnes of acts to appeal to you and will undoubtedly introduce you to countless brilliant new artists.

Yet Sound City offers even more than simply the chance to see many of the best rising artists from across the world in one place. The weekend will kick off with the Sound City+ conference at Liverpool’s Cunard Building on Friday 3rd May, which promises ‘a full day of illuminating, engaging and inspiring keynote speeches, interviews, roundtable debates, workshops and more’. More details about the conference will be announced in the near future.

The 2018 incarnation of Sound City sold out well in advance, and with only Tier 3 tickets now remaining for this year’s edition, be sure to move quickly to secure tickets and ensure that you don’t miss out on Liverpool’s biggest independent music event!

More information about the line-up and ticket purchasing options can be found at www.soundcity.uk.com . Follow Sound City on Twitter @SoundCity and follow us @LSRadioMusic

Daniel Moore

More Articles

Persian Hugs @ 02 Academy Liverpool 14/12/18
INTERNATIONAL POLITICS HOUR: CLIMATE CHANGE
This Week on the International Politics Hour: THE TECHNOLOGY SPECIAL
THE GLOBAL REFUGEE CRISIS: The Rohingya Refugee Crisis