Molly & Eve
Molly & Eve

Rodgers dismissed after three years at Anfield

Rodgers was sacked over the phone an hour after the team’s derby draw at Goodison Park.

Brendan Rodgers – who is looking at receiving a payout in the region of £7 million said in his last televised interview as manager “when the time comes for me not to be here, I’ll accept that, and I will move on because it’s an incredible club and it’s a real wonderful football club to work for.

“But I hope to be here for a little longer yet.”

Klopp at Anfield via @archiert1

In a statement released last night Fenway Sports owner John W Henry, president Mike Gordon and chairman Tom Werner said  “The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

As there are no plans for the interim manager to step up it is expected that an announcement will be made in time for Liverpool’s match against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on October 17th.

Calls have been made for the new manager to offer positions to Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, stating there has been a lack of local wisdom since Gerrard’s emotional departure in the summer.

One RAWK user, Chaka, said “Get in Klopp or Ancelotti, anyone else and there really wasn’t a reason to sack Rodgers.”

Both Klopp and Ancelotti are out of work and have showed interest in Liverpool FC before.  However Klopp is seen as a better fit than Ancelotti who has looked at other clubs such as Bayern Munich.

Ancelotti has previous Premier League success while Klopp, who has “more to prove“, does not.

Whoever is appointed, the fans hope they will lead the club to rise from their current tenth place position in the Premier league.

Elinor Rice
Second year Communications student. Head of News.

More Local News

Freezing Temperatures Dominate Merseyside for the Next Week- and Homeless People Suffer
Student Officer Candidates 2018 Revealed, Plus Halls Naming Preferendum
Invisible Wind Factory Closed After Incident
Liverpool Bus Strikes – What Students Need To Know
Heinz Takes Beans Bus to Williamson Square