New & Noteworthy
New & Noteworthy

Cat Café to open in Liverpool

Laika_ac_Cat_Cafe_(7641731716)

Yes. You read that correctly.

Café Meow is set to open in early 2016.

If you are unfamiliar with the concept of cat cafés, they are similar to normal cafés in that customers can purchase coffee and cakes. However, you also get to enjoy the added bonus of being surrounded by furry felines!

The idea of cat cafés is already popular in Japan, with many in Tokyo alone. The idea is yet to take off in the UK, but it seems that it may well do with this branching out into Liverpool.

The young duo who are bringing the idea to Liverpool (they are aged just 20 and 21) have been receiving support for their idea since completing the The Prince’s Trust Enterprise programme in August of this year but are now looking for financial support.

Café Meow – what you need to know, according to their webpage.

Cat Café concept:

A café where patrons pay a cover fee that goes towards the cats’ welfare. The visits usually last for an hour but at less busy times, you can usually stay for a lot longer! Patrons can kick back, relax and enjoy the feline company. We will have wifi readily available and have incentives for students (i.e. claim a free drinks with valid student ID) as we, as former students, understand the importance to keep a cool head – cats can reduce the stress of the workload! We may introduce film and book clubs too. This will be the ultimate place to chill and cure your deprivation of feline company.

Cat Café interior:

Cats and a lot of cat toys to engage yourself with! Climbing frames, rope walks, shelves, shelters and so on! The interior will be fresh looking and bright with a statement mural. We want to reflect the authenticity of cat cafés from Japan! Kitchen and café floor will be separated for hygiene reasons and there will be a double door/gate system to avoid the cats leaping out of the café.

Menu:

Tasty tray bakes and a selection of tea and coffee. STUDENTS CAN CLAIM THEIR FIRST DRINK FREE WITH VALID ID!

The cats:

We would like to re-home the cats from a shelter local to us. If you are a breeder or a shelter and would like to help us out, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Image Credit: Wikipedia

Cecily Sheppard

More Local News

Independent Liverpool announce new food market
Liverpool City Council Budget Meeting Round Up
UOL Help the Homeless Society & The Shoebox Full of Love Appeal
Hillsborough Verdict: 96 unlawfully killed
Viola Beach enter the UK Top 20